[lazarus] Object Inspector

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Wed Nov 29 17:11:03 EST 2000

At 15:46 29-11-00 -0600, Shane Miller wrote:
>I re-did the dropping of controls so I could get the object inspector
>working.  The grabbers should be able to be added quickly again but I just
>didn't get to it.  I'm not real sure how the dropping of controls should
>be implemented in the first place.
>
>Now that we have someone in charge of the Object Inspector (Mattias) I'm
>going to be looking at the FormEditor closer so if I can figure out a good
>way to implement the dropping of controls I will do so and then the
>grabbers can be added.
>
>If you brief me on how the grabbers work I can make sure they get
>implemented again...

There is one TControlSelection object. You can add/remove/etc controls with it.

     procedure Add(AControl: TControl);
         Adds a control to the selection. Grabbers are updated

     procedure Clear;
         Removes all controls from selection and hides grabbers

     function IsSelected(AControl: TControl): Boolean;
         Checks if AControl is member of the selection

     procedure Remove(AControl: TControl);
         Removes Aontrol from selection and updfates grabbers

     property Visible: Boolean read FVisible write SetVisible;
         Shows or hides the grabbers

     property OnChange: TNotifyEvent read FOnChange write FOnChange;
         Fires when the contents of theselection is changed (ie Controls
are added or removed)

>Also, I am still looking for information on how we are going to implement
>the COMPONENT BAR.  The way I do it is just temporary.  I don't know the
>best way.  Anyone want to take that over and re-do how they are created on
>the component bar and how the form get's the classname to create them?

I might have a look at it inthe near feature is there's noone else (I'm
upgrading to win2000 right now)

Marc