[lazarus] CLX & lazarus

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Nov 30 15:21:38 EST 2000

> i wonder if the clx will be free we could use them somehow
> in the ide ??

If it is really free, (as in open source, modifyable, and distributable),
and it has advantages, why not?

But somehow I have a feeling that the open sourceness of CLX will
be fairly limited (like "for educational purposes only", or in binary only
format, or something like that)

> mean i looked at the components and i saw that
> the db stuff are still under dev

CLX as such is still under dev too. Also I only expect the most basic
parts to be a bit free, not the entire DB connectivity.

> becoze it is esier to not reinvent the well

It is often easier to reinvent the wheel, then attach a wrong wheel to a
a bit different axis :-)

Marco van de Voort (MarcoV at Stack.nl or marco at freepascal.org)