[lazarus] Lazarus and Delphi

Andreas Berger Andreas.Berger at eonic.com
Thu Apr 12 06:07:20 EDT 2001

Hi,

I recently stumbled on Lazarus and found it very interresting.  I use Delphi
and Builder in Windows and BC 3.1 in DOS.  I stopped using BP7 since it
gives me problems with DOS 7.x - I get a divide by 0 error when the program
starts running.

The reason for this mail is to ask the following:  Can I use Lazarus with
Delphi instead of FreePascal?  I have nothing against FreePascal, but it
would help me evaluate FreePascal performance before switching comercial
products.

Another question:  Can Lazarus be used by other compilers? I'm thinking
specifically of the free BCB 5.5 command line compiler.

Best regards,

Andreas Berger