[lazarus] Lazarus and Delphi

Florian Klaempfl Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de
Fri Apr 13 05:09:05 EDT 2001

At 12:12 12.04.01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I recently stumbled on Lazarus and found it very interresting.  I use Delphi
>and Builder in Windows and BC 3.1 in DOS.  I stopped using BP7 since it
>gives me problems with DOS 7.x - I get a divide by 0 error when the program
>starts running.

This isn't a problem of DOS 7.x, it is a very well known
problem of TP/BP with fast CPUs.
There are a lot of patches available though I don't know a link by heart,
just have a look at the c.l.p.m FAQ.

>The reason for this mail is to ask the following:  Can I use Lazarus with
>Delphi instead of FreePascal?  I have nothing against FreePascal, but it
>would help me evaluate FreePascal performance before switching comercial
>products.

Hmmm, without any comments about Delphi's quality/stability, I would
say the following: currently the lcl/lazarus is the weakest link
in the chain fpc/lcl/Lazarus. lcl/Lazarus is still under heavy
development.