[lazarus] CVS Changes

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Aug 14 18:25:38 EDT 2001

Marc Weustink wrote:

> fpcmake is now also used the generate packaging info if the package
> you are zipping. Is *doesn't* generate a makefile, it generates a
> Package.fpc

> >I don't have the FPC sources online at this point in time. I haven't
> >for the last few months. I am using the binary installation.
>
> OK, I'll look what will be faster, stripping the pachagi info from the
> makefiles or building a new compiler which has (if I understood it
> well) separate Package.fpc files so you don't need the sources.

Now I am really confused. This is attempting to build a installation for
Lazarus and Lazarus only. It shouldn't care about the compiler at all.
Why do you currently need the compiler source to just build an install
of the Lazarus application and units. It doesn't even include the
compiler units and shouldn't.

I'm not an fpcmake expert by a long shot so maybe you can explain
exactly what it is trying to do.    :-\