[lazarus] fpcmake and fpc source dependency

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Aug 16 09:30:59 EDT 2001

Peter Vreman wrote:

> No, you can only build the Makefile for the targets you've installed.
> The Package.fpc is also build only for the current target so you
> should be able to build a binary release using the latest fpcmake

But that is just it, I can't. I have now installed the latest binary
release of the compiler that Marc created on Aug. 14. This installed the
complete compiler and the latest fpcmake. This is only the binary with
no sources included. He also generated all of the Package.fpc files and
they are in every one of the directories. I can compile the Lazarus
application just fine but when it tries to do the make zipinstall I get
the following error.

/usr/bin/fpcmake -p Makefile.fpc
Processing Makefile.fpc
An unhandled exception occurred at 0x0805ED78 :
s_package_not_found rtl
   0x0805ED78
   0x00000000

It never gets past the above problem. I have exported FPCDIR so that
fpcmake can find the files OK. Here is the fpcmake -w -v dump from the
same directory.

Processing Makefile.fpc
 Globals:
    FPCDIR = "/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.5"
    PACKAGES = "$(FPCDIR)/packages"
    UNITSDIR = "$(FPCDIR)/units"
 Required packages for linux: rtl rtl fcl gtk
An unhandled exception occurred at 0x0805ED78 :
s_package_not_found rtl
  0x0805ED78
  0x00000000

Again since I am not an fpcmake guru I don't even know where to begin to
look for what is going wrong.