[lazarus] CVS Changes

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Aug 21 18:58:49 EDT 2001

Marc Weustink wrote:

> At 10:07 21-08-01 -0400, you wrote:
> >Marc Weustink wrote:
> > >
> > > + When I use the make from the FPC 1.0.4 release with the
> > > + variable USEENV=1, it compiles fine and runs normally.
> > >
> > > Hmm.... AFAIK lazarus won't compile with the 1.0.4 compiler.
> >
> >No, I didn't say the 1.0.4 compiler, I said the version of "make" that
> >is included with the 1.0.4 compiler.
>
> Ehh... indeed (did you say that ? The message was from another poster
> :)

He was commenting on the fact that he had the same error as I did but
the statement you are answer was from my email.   :-)

>  From the "FPC 1.0.4 release" part I assumed a 1.0.4 compiler was
> used. Since this is strange I suspected a mix of versions, where all
> kinds of errors are possible. Before digging into sources I want to be
> sure the latest version of Lazarus is used.

Again this all goes back to the changed makefile business. On the Monday
before the change Win32 builds went of without a hitch. The next day
after the makefile changes it doesn't build. No change to the compiler
was made in fact when I checked little to no changes were made to any of
the source it was just the makefile that changed.

I can only assume that it changed some dependencies or requiresments or
something that now makes the Win32 build fail.   :-\

> >I originally did a complete release installation of the 1.0.4
> >compiler then got the source out of CVS and rebuilt the compiler so
> >that it was 1.0.5 but the utilities are still the 1.0.4 release
> >version.
> >
> >Just to refresh memory this is a Win32 issue.
>
> That wasn't clear from the message I replied to.

The thread is getting a bit long and it was some time since you had
added to the thread so that is why I added the memory refresh.  :-)