[lazarus] Form options to not hide, and other stuff

John August johna at babel.apana.org.au
Sat Dec 8 19:40:28 EST 2001

I'm converting a program from Delphi to Lazarus for designing drains,
Drainmaker. No profit in this program !

I'd like to have new forms not cover the old ones, because I have a
separate form for the graphical work area. Does this involve the
"dock" stuff in the form, or how does it work ?

I also need to put in the code to link the different forms together. Is
there a way of automating this ? In the demo, you have to do the various
options for the different elements of the bench form array, but in
visual components that seems done already.

There's trouble using the visual lazarus environment. When I try to open
a new project, it crashes, and when I try a build all, it it puts out
: "error : a directory in "" does not exist or is a dangling symlink.
I can give more information if this is not an obvious beginner problem.

I also had problems compiling from the CVS ! Fortunately, I just ran
make enough times, and each time around it had fewer errors. It was
disconcerting.

I'm not on the list, but if you could fill me in here, it would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

--
John August

I may not have a floating point processor, but I can overclock the CPU.