[lazarus] Components missing

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 10 07:12:36 EST 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 14:02:12 -0200
Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto <antonio at xultz.wox.org> wrote:

> But no components are appearing in Lazarus.

Maybe the binary release is corrupt. Does anyone else has the same problem?

> Do I need to indicate any dir to Lazarus?

Normally, you only have to set the freepascal compiler path in the environment->general options.

> Are the /usr/lib/lazarus/units/linux/* the LCL?

No.
The lcl sources can be found in
<lazarusdir>/lcl/ and <lazarusdir>/lcl/include/

These sources are compiled and the resulting ppu files are stored in
<lazarusdir>/lcl/units/

But this is only the widget independent part.
For gtk there are additional sources in
<lazarusdir>/lcl/interfaces/gtk/

which will be compiled to
<lazarusdir>/lcl/units/gtk/

So you have to add
-Fu<lazarusdir>/lcl/units/ -Fu<lazarusdir>/lcl/units/gtk/

to the compiler to compile lcl programs.
Also have a look on the FAQ on the website.

Mattias