[lazarus] Lazarus with recent 1.0.5 snapshots + FreeBSD

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Dec 14 09:17:13 EST 2001

I know managed to compile Lazarus on FreeBSD 4.4 with a recent 1.0.5, it
works, and I wanted to summarize what I had to do:
(Note that I don't mind to fix these in CVS, but that'll have to wait till
tomorrow)

General changes for 1.0.5:

- OsDirSeparator added in 2 or 3 modules
- TProcess "change" (from TProcess.Create(string, options) to
	TProcess.Create(owner:TComponent) )
- TPoint and TRect commenting in FPC's process.pp routine
- Three "overrides" added in gtkwinapih.inc lines 83 and 111,
  (  + one I can't directly remember)
- Make sure I cleaned by hand now and then. The main Lazarus dir, designer/
   debugger/ and lcl/units aren't cleaned by the toplevel "make clean"

General changes for 1.1
- A lot of {$ifdef Linux} clauses which will fail on non linux *nix systems
  But it's best to wait until until 1.0.6 is released for that.
- rest untested.

FreeBSD specific things:
- Change {$linklib <x>} directives for <x>=glib,gdk and gtk to glib12, gdk12
  and gtk12
- Make sure /usr/local/lib is searched. (which is where all non base libs are)

After that everything seems to work fine directly in X, but remote X was not really
workable.