[lazarus] Lazarus with recent 1.0.5 snapshots + FreeBSD

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Dec 14 11:16:11 EST 2001

> > FreeBSD specific things:
> > - Change {$linklib <x>} directives for <x>=glib,gdk and gtk to glib12, gdk12
> >   and gtk12
>
> Those are for the gtk package

It was meant as a discussion item, for both Lazarus and the FPC team.
Version of libraries starts to be a problem, also for the textmode IDE I had
to postedit link.res or sources for a while. (e.g. because the default GPM
was 1.18, when only 1.17 worked and was in my homedir)

The problem is that for the ports tree, I need fully automated builds. This
means I can't keep postediting the link.res as I do now.

Problem is that not every FreeBSD system may have the same libraries in the
same place. Iow, the ports makefile (a separate special makefile which download
the zip, and auto builds and installs) must be able to specify how it is
called.

So for most systems,

{$ifdef FreeBSD}
 {$linklib gtk12}
{$else}
 {$linklib gtk}
{$endif}

will do, but it would be better if that would be somehow selectable from
the commandline.

> > - Make sure /usr/local/lib is searched. (which is where all non base libs are)
>
> This is for the compiler

This is not really urgent, since if the above thing is fixed, it will work
fine.