[lazarus] Pascal Editor!

FoodTechnologist Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru
Fri Feb 2 02:24:53 EST 2001

Mattias Gaertner ÐÉÛÅÔ:

> On 2001.02.01 10:33:50 +0100 FoodTechnologist wrote:
> > Why don't you use GTKShEdit?
> > Course, it is not lcl-orientated, but it is quick enough to work (at
> > least, your swedit doesn't seem to be usefull because of slowness).
>
> Slow?
> It is somewhat slow because of the many writelns, but without them I do not
> notice any pauses or slow downs.
> The reason for using synedit is, that is has most of the features lazarus
> needs and it seems to be fast to me. But I did not test GTKShEdit, so
> please tell me about its features.
>
> Mattias

ShEdit has its own pas-highlighters, so you doesn't have to use anything except
LoadFromFile and SaveToFile. Besides, it has its own cut/undo/paste abilities,
so on this command (in menu) you can only call 'PE.Edit.EditUndo;' I can send
you a demo tomorrow. As for your first (mwedit) editor, it WAS slow even when
output was directed to /dev/null. I don't know about synedit. I'll download
your soft...