[lazarus] Using RTTI to get properties and methods

Peter Vreman pfv at cooldown.demon.nl
Mon Feb 5 16:39:28 EST 2001

> I'm not familiar with this stuff ata all so I'm a bit over my head so bear with me.
>
> You guys are saying that I should create some browser database that I could reference for the classes in the LCL and the current unit that's loaded and then run through that for the code completion?
>
> I was planning on just compiling the unit with browser information then parsing the browser.log file for the information I need.  However, that' going to be tough because I can find the
> ***FORM1***
>  (or whatever they typed and then pressed the period).  Then I have to parse the source to find out what FORM1 is a declaration of!
>
> That isn't terribly easy because there could be comments or whatever between the text FORM1 and the text TFORM1.
>
> Is parsing the browser.log file the way to go?  If not, please explain the other options a bit more.  I'm not sure what you guys mean when you say I should build a browser database.  During runtime?  ????

Parsing browser.log is too slow. Having streamed collections is
faster. As a base how the collections can be made in the compiler the
browcol for tcollection objects for the text ide can be used. But i'm not
that good in the classes and streaming world yet. In the compiler is at
least a TCStream class that is vmt compatible with Classes.TStream