[lazarus] Bugs 21, 23, 26, 27

Vincent Snijders vrs at dds.nl
Sun Feb 11 03:29:57 EST 2001

Hi,

I saw these bug reports on the lazarus site.
I think all of them have a common cause: You need a more recent version of
the gtk-package, which is installed, when you install fpc. The version
needed is 1.05, a snapshot, not the release version 1.0.4.

I saw that Denis Léger tried to fix it, by changing a line in gtkproc.inc,
but that doesn't work. If you have the source of the gtk-packages you could
try the following:
make the following in the file /pakages/gtk/gdk/gdkmain.pp:
procedure gdk_gc_set_dashes(gc:PGdkGC;dash_offset:gint;dashlist:array of
gint8;n:gint);cdecl;external gdkdll name 'gdk_gc_set_dashes';

The type of dashlist should be gint8 instead of gchar.

I did not test if above mentioned change is enough to get rid of the error.
The surest way of solving it is, is to do a install of the new version of
the compiler with the new gtk-packages.

I hope this helps to fix the bugs 21, 23, 26 and 27.

Regards,
Vincent Snijders.