[lazarus] Problems with TImage

FoodTechnologist Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru
Sat Feb 17 05:47:53 EST 2001

At first, I don't know what is the state of graphics - TPixmap. Besides, I
don't think that pixmaps are prospective way: course, we must be able to read
them, but for the compartibility we must be able to read BMP-files. I don't
want to use something like Imlib as it will be difficult to make on win32 and
other platforms. Besides, using PIXMAP widget can make problems for other
interfaces. We should use as least widgets as possible, others can be simply
made with platform-independed way. I'll test my TImage implementation on
pixmaps and try to load BMP-files. The structure of this file is described
(even in Russian), so I'll try.

It is impossible to recompile IDE, so I think, it's good idea to make
lcl-oriented ide, using
IDE, included in fpc. It contain debugger, so... I think, its not too
difficult....
But now it's not for me.