[lazarus] New problem compiling

Curtis White cwhite at aracnet.com
Sat Feb 17 13:06:28 EST 2001

Marc Weustink wrote:

> At 09:30 17-02-01 +0000, you wrote:
> >It appears someone changed the Makefiles in CVS
>
> Yes, that was me.

I just noticed that from another email you sent on Wednesday :-)

> >and I can no longer compile Lazarus or the lcl. I now get the following
> >error when I try to compile the LCL:
> >
> >Compiling ./interfaces/gtk/gtkint.pp
> >gtkint.pp(32,21) Fatal: Can't find unit GTK
> >make: *** [allunits.ppu] Error 1
>
> Hmm....
>
> is the path to the gtk units still in you ppc386.cfg ?
>
> --------- part from /etc/ppc386.cfg ---------------
>
> # searchpath for units and other system dependent things
> -Fu/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.5/units/$target
> -Fu/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.5/units/$target/*
> -Fu/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.5/units/$target/rtl

Yes, it sure is. My paths in ppc386.cfg are:

-Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/linux
-Fu/opt/fpc/rtl
-Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/objpas
-Fu/opt/fpc/fcl/linux
-Fu/opt/fpc/fcl/shedit
-Fu/opt/fpc/packages/gtk
-Fu/opt/fpc/lazarus/lcl/units
-Fu/opt/fpc/lazarus/lcl/include
-Fu/opt/fpc/lazarus/lcl/interfaces/gtk

I even have some extras in there :-)  But /opt/fpc/packages/gtk is in
there, so it should be able to see the gtk units.

> >For some reason, the makefile cannot find the fpc/packages/gtk directory
> >and files any more.
> >I haven't changed anything with the compiler or any
> >of the other packages. The only thing I have done is do a CVS update of
> >Lazarus.
> >
> >Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this so I can compile Lazarus
> >again?
>
> Check you ppc386

I did and still don't understand why. I also checked my FPCDIR
environment variable and it is set correctly:

export FPCDIR=/opt/fpc

The only thing I can think of is that possibly Make is changing my paths
or something. It was working before the latest changes to the Makefiles.

Curtis