[lazarus] New problem compiling

Sat Feb 17 17:02:48 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Curtis White wrote:

> Marc Weustink wrote:
>
> I will do this. It will be quite a change in mindset for me since I have
> been using this existing (/opt/fpc) setup for quite a long time now :-)
> Do the compiler guys ever make changes (bug fixes) to the FIXES_1_0_0
> branch anymore? If so, then using the release version will not allow us
> to use those changes.

Bugfixes are made continually in the fixes branch.

> Some day we will need to get Lazarus working with the 1.1 compiler. How
> will we do that if the makefiles are setup for the 1.0.5 release
> compiler?

The release compiler will be version 1.0.6 (odd numbers indicate a compiler
under development). However, it is unknown when this will be released.

> Maybe we should create a FIXES_1_0_0 branch for lazarus and set CVS up
> the same as the compiler guys have. So the main branch would be lazarus
> that works with the 1.1 compiler and the FIXES_1_0_0 branch would
> contain the current lazarus. Could this be done? How?

I don't think this should be necessary. Lazarus should compile "as-is" with
both the fixbranch or mainbranch compiler. Nothing crucial has been changed
in the compiler in this area.

> BTW, does anyone know why Lazarus doesn't compile with the 1.1 compiler
> anymore?

I've been checking, and there must be some internal compiler error; it
claims that the checksum changed for some rtl units; This is an internal
compiler error; Peter or Florian should check this.

Michael.