[lazarus] New problem compiling

Curtis White cwhite at aracnet.com
Sat Feb 17 23:49:33 EST 2001

Marc Weustink wrote:

> Maybe you should install the compiler and point the ppc386.cfg to the
> installed units and not to a dir with sources.
> You only get these kind of errors (while building lazarus) if the compiler
> for some reason wants to recompile a fpc unit. This recompilation only
> occours when both sources and ppus are found.
> The way makefiules are setup now is based upon a release compiler (wo
> sources). So fpc units/packages never ever should be recompiled by building
> lazarus.
> This also count for the other dirs.

Well, I installed the fpc 1.0.5 from the Lazarus web site and it
compiles the sources from CVS without any problems. So you are right
that the makefiles are setup to work with the release compiler.

Is it possible to setup the makefiles so that it works either way? It
seems like it should work regardless of where the compiler is installed.
Once the compiler guys get the 1.1 compiler fixed, some people may want
to start using it to build lazarus. But the way the makefiles are
currently setup, they couldn't do that.

Curtis