[lazarus] New tests of the IDE

Jens Arm arm at rz.fh-muenchen.de
Sun Feb 18 12:23:53 EST 2001

Hi

I have used the weekend to test a bit the IDE and I have found some more
not correct working things:

1. The view Units and Forms Dialogs are not working correctly (it is only
one unit shown). (the view Forms can not be executed).

2. Open Project menuitem is not working.

3. If I drop non visible controls, like timers, on the form in the
formeditor I get a SEGFault.

4. The grabber in the formeditor are not set correctly if you change e.g.
between a button and the form. You can not use the grabbers for resizing
the controls.

5. The mousepointer changes to a down arrow if I am in the object
inspector.

6. The objectinspector is to large at programmstart. A bit of it is
hidden by the maindialog.

7. Speedbutton for changing between Form and Unit is not working
correctly.

8. The file-close menuitem only closes the unit not the corresponding
form.

9. A replace-text-dialog is missing for the editor.

10. Can someone remove the executable bits from the lazarus.dci in the
CVS?

11. It is now impossible to mark lines or words with the mouse, but
dbl-click marking of one word is working.

12. If I select new project only units are generated, not the
corresponding form and the generated units are different in the code to
the units which are generated over the menu (File-new Form).

13. ListBox: It would be nice if it is possible to scroll with the
cursorkeys through the list and select the wanted item with the spacebar.

14. What is with the tooltips, are they disabled again?

15. One time I had that in the editor the cursor was shown at a fixed
position but I could write at any place.

16. The CTRL-Space function isn't working if I say open project over the
project menu.

17. If I close Lazarus I get the following error:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkmain.c: line 534 (gtk_main_quit): assertion
`main_loops
 != NULL' failed.
An unhandled exception occurred at 0x08104CBC :
Access violation
  0x08104CBC
  0x0806278C  THEFONTSINFOMANAGER__RELEASEFONTSINFO,  line 517 of
syntextdrawer.
pp
  0x08062C52  THEFONTSTOCK__RELEASEFONTSINFO,  line 735 of
syntextdrawer.pp
  0x080629E9  THEFONTSTOCK__DESTROY,  line 631 of syntextdrawer.pp
  0x08104CBF
  0x08062EEC  THETEXTDRAWER__DESTROY,  line 836 of syntextdrawer.pp
  0x08104CBF
  0x0806B8A9  TCUSTOMSYNEDIT__DESTROY,  line 1123 of synedit.pp
  0x080F5E2B
  0x080F5DD7

PS:
Does someone of you know what the Errormessage (init: no more processes
left in this runlevel) means and what the matter for this message can
be???

cu Jens