[lazarus] More Make problems

Peter Vreman pfv at cooldown.demon.nl
Thu Feb 22 17:04:07 EST 2001

> >the main branch there is no manual fpcmake.ini available. The fpcmake.ini
> >is very dependent on the fpcmake.pp itself.
>
> That means you can't tel it to use an external .ini file  ?
>
> If so, I think we stick to the old one a while, if there are some (the
> install path for instance)hardcoded fpc defaults.
No, it can be configured from Makefile.fpc. You can do things like:

[install]
unitdir=/opt/lazarus/0.7/units

But normally you should install the units under the
lib/fpc/<version>/units dir. Just like the perl modules are all install
under the /usr/lib/perl5/ subdir.

> >FYI: The new version in the main branch is usable but that says
> >everything. It's not finished and has a lot of debug output. But it works
> >already better for finding dependencies for required units (currently only
> >working when you've the sources with Makefile.fpc, but in the future
> >should also work with only installed units without sources). This should
> >allow you to only have a
> >requirement on lcl that will then implicitly depend on fcl, gtk, etc.
>
> Might look at it, but we don't need much of the dependencies.

The gtk dependency, and in the future i guess also databases?