[lazarus] Can someone more familiar with Kylix verify...

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Feb 27 18:08:49 EST 2001

Greetings,

Could one of you guys out there give me and overview from your point of
view as the open sourceness of Kylix? I just want another sane head to
give me a perspective before I make a fool of myself on the show.

My take:

1. The Kylix class libraries will be available.

   Now does that mean they are open source as in usable by anyone?
   In other words can you make commercial apps from them?
   Exactly what is the license of Kylix?

2. The IDE of Kylix is not open source and the code will not be
   made available.

   Am I correct on this one or have I missed something???

Just please someone else give me their point of view.