[lazarus] [Fwd: controversy]

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Feb 27 18:18:33 EST 2001

Michael.VanCanneyt at Wisa.be wrote:

> That said, I think you should allow them to call.

Oh I aggreed to that right away. In fact I believe it will make the
segment more interesting.

> Just make a point that Lazarus was started before Kylix was (FPC even
> earlier), with the same goal: Create Delphi for Linux. Also say that
> the Compiler, IDE and some of Borland's technology (Midas, DBExpress)
> are NOT open source, and that this is the gap you're trying to fill.

That is some of the confirmation that I was asking for in my other
email.

So what exactly is Kylix? Is it an IDE? Is it a set of class libraries?
What is the package that they are calling Kylix? What exactly is the
portion that they claim will be open source that has seemed to inrage
the community about my press release?