[lazarus] Well we survived it. :-)

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Feb 28 03:15:39 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Michael A. Hess wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Well both Shane and I made it through the show unscathed.   :-)

Still downloading Realplayer to listen to it...

> In fact we both feel that the whole thing was a VERY big success.
> After the broadcast we talked just a bit more with Michael Swindell and
> he wants to talk further with us with regards to making Lazarus work
> with CLX. We will see how that goes.

He should first talk to the FPC people then, to see whether we can get
the compiler to actually compile it, otherwise Lazarus won't be able to
use it :-)

In fact, recent tests by Marco Van De Voort show that we can compile most Delphi
code with the mainbranch compiler (1.1) so the CLX is probably in reach.

> Doc Searls also wants some information and screenshots. I believe that
> he is going to want to put something in "The Linux Journal". That would
> be a VERY big shot in the arm for us. Hopefully it would also help bring
> in some other developers to help with the coding.

Hmmmm. This leaves a bit of a wry aftertaste.
When Linux Journal was proposed an article about FPC, they refused it.
Funny what a little publicity can do. Ah well, better late than never,
we can only benefit from it.

Michael.