[lazarus] CVS Committed

Sun Jan 14 11:04:59 EST 2001

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Marc Weustink wrote:

> At 16:30 14-01-01 +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I think, the TImageList is a very important class used in many nice
> >freeware components, and thus should be compatible to Delphi.
> >AFAIK the corrupted images was/is not really Borlands fault. Some graphic
> >device drivers had got problems with Bitmaps width greater than a few
> >thousands.
> >But I also want a TImageList which can store images with different sizes. I
> >see two possibilites:
> >   -A flag in TImageList.
> >   -A new component. Perhaps named TImageCollection.
>
> TImageCollection sounds good. (it is infact a collection of images )

I also think this is the way to go. Probably the best you can do is split it
up threefold:

TAbstractImagelist      - contains all common code to manage images.
 +- TImageList          - 100% Delphi compatible imagelist
 +- TImageCollection    - New implementation.

Much of the code should be the same for both implementations. Only the
actual storing and retrieving will differ...

Michael.