[lazarus] TImage

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Mar 10 06:11:18 EST 2001

On 2001.03.10 10:01:03 +0100 FoodTechnologist wrote:
> I think, pixmap may be quite good solution as it is text file. But... I
> don't know its structure enough to provide conversion (even worse than
> bmp sturcture).

I think, documentation can be found. Or we can simply use the
gdk_pixmap_create_from_data
function.

> As for streaming TBitmap, my idea was to leave all as is:
> bitmap (at that time it was WinBMP) is bitmap,
> pixmap is pixmap (why should we do such conversion without any reason?).
> Then (may be even with operator overloading) we can provide conversion
> procedures.

TPicture needs conversion routines anyway.
Lazarus projects should be compilable anywhere. Form data is streamed to
the lfm file and should be readable on any system. To get graphic
acceleration we must use the interface dependent format. So, I think, we
have to read whatever format is contained in the stream and convert it to
an image handle.
AFAIK bitmap and xpm are fully convertable formats, hence we don't need to
store the data in the lcl. Of course there are other formats which loose
information during conversion, thus these formats must be saved in memory.

> The problem is (status on 7.03.01) that TPicture isn't usefull. Besides,
> somebody added
> fmFileDenyWrite in graphic.inc

Just comment this out.

> Where is TImage component? It must be in extctrls.

I'm very busy with the IDE and I think TBitmap/TPixmap should be "finished"
before TImage, so I did not add it.

Mattias