[lazarus] Lazarus and Gnome

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 13 05:29:22 EST 2001

On 2001.03.13 10:38:13 +0100 Marc Weustink wrote:
> From: Jens Arm [mailto:JArm at Webasto.de]
>

> + Hi
> + Yesterday I switched at home to the GNOME-Desktop but
> + Lazarus don't work with GNOME.
> + Lazarus starts, but if I try to resize a window the
> + whole desktop freezes only a CTRL-ALT-Backspace helps.
> + Does anyone of you knows a solution for the GNOME-problem
> + or has some hints how to use Lazarus with GNOME ???????
>
> I'm using gnome myself and it sometimes freezes (don't know why), killing
> the focussed app mostly helps. Don't know if it is a problem of the
> lazarus
> IDE, the LCL or gnome itself.

I'm also using sawfish gnome and noticed this problem too, although I never
encountered it with window resizing. When I put many writelns to many
important lcl routines, sometimes lazarus hangs up. Killing the ide always
solved the problem. The hang up can occur simply by moving over the menu,
hence I believe the problem is not located in the ide. Perhaps Jens problem
is due to the massive writeln attack of the move and size messages. Comment
the writeln in gtkcallback.inc.
BTW, who committed them? I don't think that they are useful for error
reports.

Mattias