[lazarus] Lazarus and Gnome

Jens Arm JArm at Webasto.de
Tue Mar 13 06:33:27 EST 2001

Am 3/13/01, 12:04:24 PM, schrieb "Marc Weustink" <Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl>
zum Thema RE: [lazarus] Lazarus and Gnome:

> + From: Mattias Gaertner [mailto:nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de]
> +
> + I'm also using sawfish gnome and noticed this problem too,

> Yust upgraded, but I rember seeing something sawfish (RH 7 BTW)

> + although I never encountered it with window resizing.
> + When I put many writelns to many important lcl routines,
> + sometimes lazarus hangs up.

> Now you say so... it seems related.

I have only tested with resizing. Tomorrow evening I test a bit more.
(with DDD I hope to get then some hints what is the problem)

> + Killing the ide always solved the problem. The hang up can
> + occur simply by moving over the menu, hence I believe the
> + problem is not located in the ide.

> Is only the IDE freezed ? Im my case (and I beleave Jens) whole X

Yes, by me it is the whole X
Perhaps there is a bug in the packages/gtk - units ?
I use the newest gtk-units from the cvs and compiler 1.0.5

> + Perhaps Jens problem is due to the massive writeln attack of
> + the move and size messages. Comment the writeln in gtkcallback.inc.

> Might do it.

> + BTW, who committed them? I don't think that they are useful for error
> + reports.

> Ehh..... I think I committed them. I mostly use WriteLNs do debug some
> strange behaviour and didn't intend to commit that. However due to some
> other changes I had to commit and I didn't continue with bug hunting.

As I can remenber Shane has added some to look after the designing
problem (moving controls, grabber, ...)