[lazarus] FreeCLX and Kylix news!

Marco van de Voort Marcov at stack.nl
Wed Mar 21 10:26:18 EST 2001

> > - All NetCLX components are missing altogether.
> >   So no apache or server development, unless you use Indy.
> >
> 	Indy is free.

ICS and Indy were free already, so we don't need an open CLX for
that

> > Not to mention that:
> >
> > - The system unit is only useful for Kylix, because you need special
> > compiler magic to make it work. Which compiler has this ? Kylix only.
>
> 	Does this matter?  Wont' lazarus provide it's own equiv?

We could have reused it. I think Borland is afraid we (or others with
our sources) might be able to create a LGPL library for Kylix.

That would force them to pull the GPL version of Kylix, because
creating commercial apps with free-Kylix without using Kylix libs
might be legal.