[lazarus] Win32

Markku Niskanen markku.niskanen at iki.fi
Wed Mar 21 13:35:05 EST 2001

>What are the main problem with the Win32 version of lazarus?

Four weeks ago I tested various bits as thoroughly as I could
and found out the following:

------- clip -------------------------
General status:
====================
It seems to me that the WinGTK library has some severe bugs and
should be replaced with native Win32 calls asap.

Big problems:
================
* The app consumes 100% of CPU resources all the time,
presumably due to speedbutton redraw?
* Occasionally the application will not respond to any input or any
mouse command however, it seems to receive mouse events.
* There is a severe memory leak (ca 1 MB/20 secs, speedbuttons?)

All in all the Win32 stuff is a no-go as long as WinGTK is used
as it will probably stay very unstable, being developed by just
one single person during his freetime.

Has there been any idea of starting genuine the Win32 port
of the LCL? I could possibly help there if there was something
to start with.

Markku

markku.niskanen at iki.fi