[lazarus] Win32

Marc Weustink marc at lazarus.dommelstein.net
Wed Mar 21 16:36:35 EST 2001

At 20:39 21-03-01 +0200, Markku Niskanen wrote:

>Has there been any idea of starting genuine the Win32 port
>of the LCL? I could possibly help there if there was something
>to start with.

It is/was started long ago, but it isn't continued since the interface
between GTK/QT/Win32 and the LCL was changed. These changes are IMO not
completely finished (most CNSendmessage stuff needs to be recoded by direct
calls), so starting with Win32 would mean that if something in the
interface GTK-LCL changes it also has to change in Win32-LCL

But....

If there are ppl who only have a win32 box and want to join (with the risk
that halfway things need to be changed) look in the lcl\interfaces\win32 dir.

The only thing what needs to be done is implementing the TWin32Object :-)

As an example of what methods need to be implemented, look at public part
of TGTKObject defined in the gtkint.pp in the lcl\interfaces\gtk dir (the
TWin32Object in win32int.pp might be a bad example since it is based upon
the old interface)

Good luck.

Marc