[lazarus] Some corrections to Web Page

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Sat Mar 24 17:51:50 EST 2001

José Enrique Alvarez Estrada wrote:

> But when we check the Web Page (specially the “How to Code” section),
> we observed that some errors or mistakes are present.
> In first place, the {$DEFINE ???} directive doesn't exist in none of
> the LCL files. The explanation about the class inheritance is not
> correct: the correct is like this:

You are correct on both counts. In fact a detailed discussion is
currently taking place on the developers list with regards to the
TInterfaceBase object and how we plan on continuing with the actual
interface between the LCL and the widget set code.

<snip TInterfaceBase and interfaces.pp stuff>

We have been in a slow transition with regards to how the interface is
designed. One is the older method of the connection and one is the newer
method. Some components and features use the old method and some use the
new. Again that is part of the developers discussion right not. We
realize this needs to be cleaned up and we are talking about how we go
about doing it. Both for the purpose of making the code more
understandable but also making it easier for other interfaces to be
written such as the Win32 that is being worked on.

> At fast as posible, we send to the list a complete UML class and
> sequence diagrams that can be putted in the page, to better understand
> this.
>
> The second (and least important), in the “Status” section are some
> errors:
>
> 1.- In the “FCL Active Component Task List”, a component, created by
> Michael Van Canneyt, says TdggDataSet. We think it must say
> TDBDDataSet.

No. It is actually TdggDataSet.

> 2.- In the “Lazarus Avaiable Component Task List”, says
> TtextAttributesg, we think it must say TtextAttributes.

You are correct on this one. It was a typo. (fixed)

> I'm attaching to this mail a complete LCL inheritance diagram, in .TXT
> format.
<snip>

Actually there already exists the beginnings of a class diagram. It
currently shows the FCL and stops at the TControl section. MVC did all
of the FCL stuff and I need to add the LCL stuff. Of course I haven't
gotten around to it yet.   :-\

Here is the URL to this diagram.

     http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/classchart.html

This is a DHTML file so it might not work correctly in some browsers if
you do have problem you can also get a PDF version of this chart here.

     http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/classchart.pdf

I'm not sure when MVC updated this chart last so it might needs some
additions from him as well.