[lazarus] fpc1.1

FoodTechnologist Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru
Mon Mar 26 02:13:13 EST 2001

Downloaded version of fpc1.1 seems to have different problems. First, it
fails to make projects with difficult directory structure (including
lazarus). Second, it is too difficult to
make fpc find units in particular directories. Third, it does not
understand some compiled
(even if they have just been compiled). Forth, it can make segfault if
you try to compile
partially compiled program (delp . is nesessury). Fifth, it doesn't hide
private fields (in lazarus files, there are many with...do statements,
in which the own private properties
(fWidth etc.), which conflict with with statement, which contain private
fields with the same names, which are not accessible (resulting error).
I've patched it and have made "linear" version (one directory) of
lazarus. So, I could compile lcl and synedit, but some parts of fcl were
not accessible (but just compiled): process and so on (classes worked
fine). So, it is quite strange. May be, direct including lazarus in the
release 1.1 can help...