[lazarus] Win32 Code Analysis

Sat Mar 31 13:00:00 EST 2001

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> At 19:20 31.03.01 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >And:
> >- Widestrings
>
> Most stuff of widestrings is already implemented, the omissions
> are things which depend on the coding/code page, i.e.
> conversions between ansistring<->widestring<->shortstring; constant
> widestrings etc.

But this is an essential part. It will compile, but it won't work without
the conversion routines.

> >- Variants
>
> Yes, this requires some work...
>
> >- INterfaces
>
> Interface should work already quite good.
>
> >- Threads
>
> It requires some work, especially on Linux!

I know :/
I can't get this Kylix book finished soon enough.
Do some real development work again :/

> (the comments above apply only to 1.1!!).
>
> >The FreeCLX contains almost no assembler except maybe in the system unit and
> >typinfo unit.
>
> Hmmm, at least in the classes unit I saw some assembler.

I also noticed. It is in the streaming routines. Apparently they tried to
make the form loading a bit faster :) But it's not so much, and you can
always subsitute some FPC code for it...

Michael.