[lazarus] newbie help?

sentinal805 at netscape.net sentinal805 at netscape.net
Fri May 11 12:57:24 EDT 2001

can some one help me write a GUI "hello world"?  I downloaded Lazarus and isnstalled it.  I downloaded the FreePascal rpm from the Lazarus site and installed it.  I can run each program seperately but don't know how to make them work together.  I tested the compiler by writing "hello world".  It compiled and linked.  The [compiler options] -> [search paths] are all blank fields.  is that my problem?  if so where would I find these paths?  I'm new to both Linux and Pascal so plese forgive my ignorance and respond with the most detailed soulution to my problem.

thankyou
Ron