[lazarus] Small things (details)

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Nov 19 07:39:32 EST 2001

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:06:13 -0300
"Luis R. Hilario" <l_hilario at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In splash.pp is used: "BorderStyle: = bsNone;", but "BorderStyle: =
> bsToolWindow;" functions better, that is to say, without border.

Changed.

> It does lack in the menu the option "Help"/"About". Where it can be seen
> the logo with a small description.

I added a simple MessageDlg for About Lazarus.
Everyone is welcome to write a nice 'About Lazarus Dialog' with Logo and hints.

> If it is done clic in "Run" does not pass anything.

Run just builds and starts the program. There is currently no debugger, so the IDE will not switch to debugger mode. If you write a console program, you will not see anything, since the program is executed in background. If you write a window application, your program should appear.

> If it tries to enter a project already created to times is charged, to
> times not (Lazarus fails).

Switching to another project closes the current project and the source editor. After this is done, the LCL is doing the message queue. And sometimes, somewhere an access violation occurs. I did not manage to track this bug down, because it never occurs at the same place. So, I named this the brain bug. Any help is greatly appreciated.

More small things:
- fixed open non existing file
- fixed save unit name on save project as
- fixed crash on new form
- fixed typo in keyword list
- changing project filename will now also change the title
- fixed difference position of method jump
- fixed method jump: method body to class compare case insensitive, and name insensitive
- changed method jump: search for name+params, then for name only, then for undefined
- fixed method jump: no more variable name comparing

Mattias