[lazarus] Updates

Tue Nov 20 16:05:41 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Shane Miller wrote:

> Most of these bug fixes are OS INDEPENDANT.  Meaning that the bug existed on Linux and Windows and is now fixed.  The reason for this is that we are using one code base for both OS's.  The fixes I made affected the IDE and the IDE is all OS independant (except the debugger).
>
> I'm not sure if the version number should be changed.  For example, the file MAIN.pp has been updated 152 times.  We could have a version like:
> 0.9.152 I suppose but it may become slightly difficult to maintain (when multiple updates are done by multiple people) and I'm not sure of it's use.

Just do the following:

unit main;

Const
  MainVersion = '$Id:$';

This will insert the CVS version number in the MainVersion constant.
You can manipulate this string constant a bit to extract the build
version automatically, and show it in the About box or wherever you want.

This causes no extra work at all, and gives a slight idea of the version.

Michael.