[lazarus] Free Pascal

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Tue Oct 23 06:30:38 EDT 2001

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:46:07 GMT
> Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> > Another strange things was to click on the first/second tab with the components. Then
you
> > get the load/save dialogs.
>
> This is a known bug. The gtk sends the mouse button down event to the notebook and to
the
parent control with the _same_ coordinates. Therefore the lcl believes the button was
pressed on one of the speed buttons. This is a bug in the gtk interface, which should
filter/adjust such events, but does not yet.

> > Do the codetools also support ppu files? Because for the types i tried i didn't get a
list
> > of fields
>
> Currently the codetools have only a simple pascal parser. Of course, ppu files will be
eventually supported, but I don't know when. First I will implement Find Declaration,
Parameter Hints and Identifier Completion (similar to Delphis Code Completion).
> The list of fields, you mentioned, is the box when pressing Ctrl-Space, I guess. This
will
become the identifier completion and is currently not working. You can use the word
completion (default Ctrl+W) instead. The word completion is case insensitive, reads all
open files and contains a history.

I was expecting a box with the fieldnames after typing the . of a structure identifier.
For word completion the Visual Assist editor for Visual C++ is nice. It shows already
after typing 3 letters a best guess in a tooltip and pressing TAB will then already
complete. The best guess is most of the time the last word you typed with that prefix. And
pressing Ctrl-Space brings up the Word completion listbox, but maybe that hotkey is MS
specific.