[lazarus] Free Pascal

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Oct 23 08:10:06 EDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:00:09 GMT
Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org> wrote:

> I was expecting a box with the fieldnames after typing the . of a structure identifier.

This will be called "Identifier Completion" and the default key is Ctrl+Space. You can redefine other keys in the editor options. The identifer completion will look for all visible variables, types and consts and sort them for compatibility. This feature requires an "enhanced find declaration", which I hope is available in a few weeks. But I'm currently busy with the clipboard.

> For word completion the Visual Assist editor for Visual C++ is nice. It shows already
> after typing 3 letters a best guess in a tooltip and pressing TAB will then already
> complete. The best guess is most of the time the last word you typed with that prefix. And
> pressing Ctrl-Space brings up the Word completion listbox, but maybe that hotkey is MS
> specific.

You can define the key for Word completion on Ctrl+Space. When you typed some letters, press Ctrl+Space. If the prefix is unambigious the word will be completed, if not all words with the prefix will be shown.
The only missing behaviour is the "automatic" word completion after 3 letters. Maybe this could be added.

Mattias