[lazarus] Free Pascal

Liebrecht Venter Lrven at attglobal.net
Wed Oct 24 13:19:38 EDT 2001

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:55:14 -0400
> Liebrecht Venter <Lrven at attglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Keith Bowes wrote:
> >
> > Done that, but I just get the error message
> > Error: a directory component in "" does not exist or is a dangling symlink.
> >
> > Anybody an idea.
>
> Did you set the compiler filename in the environment options?
>
> Mattias

There was the free pascal ppc386 in brackets so I assumed it was the default.
When I entered it, it solved the problem so it was not meant as the default
compiler.
Another thing. After the program is built and the executable made,  Lazarus
cannot run the executable while the executable does execute  by the usual
terminal command ./project1
Lazarus looks in the correct directory but does not find the executable although
it is there.
Lazarus should maybe rather execute executables by using full path.

I tried Kylix and quite bluntly it sucks. The Open Source version is just open
enough to position against you but I very quickly got the "proprietary smell"
and left. I think you guys have a better chance if you do not lose initiative.
Good Luck.

Good IDE's are hard to come by on Linux.