[lazarus] New Bugs

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Apr 6 02:56:02 EST 2002

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 19:14:36 +0200
Jens Arm <Jens.Arm at gmx.de> wrote:

> > > ================
> > >
> > > 3. The 'close all' menu item should close the open Project, too. Like in Kylix/Delphi.
> >
> > For lazarus a project is not neccessarily a program, but rather a session. The project info file .lpi stores all the information to restore the current state, when u restart lazarus or reopen the project. When u really want to close the project, then u don't want sessions. Why that?
>
> Session?? What do you mean?

We need a help system.

A project under laz is the sources plus the project specific settings, like open files, breakpoints, bookmarks, cursors, compiler settings, ... . So, if u switch to another project or restart laz and then reopen the first project, you can just go on. Delphi forgets breakpoints and cursor positions between sessions, which I dislike about it.
Since this info is stored in the .lpi file together with the project, you can also take your project to another computer and go on.
Under Delphi I often had the thought "where was I?". But reopening an old project under laz and seeing my cursor at the method I last edited, this thought has vanished.
This is a feature I don't want to miss.
Closing a project without reopening a new one, would mean, that laz can't store your settings.

> > > ================
> > >
> > > 4. In the 'remove from project'-Dialog nothing in shown.
> >
> > Hmm. Seems to work for me. It shows no units, if there is no project unit left except the main source. 'View Units' shows the same but also the main source.
> > Can u send me an example or a hint how to reproduce this?
> > Does Add to project work?
> >

> I started Laz created some forms and want to remove these again, but nothing is shown in the dialog.

fixed.

> (if you click into the componentpalette
> (the bug with the Tabs and the icons in the left corner)

The evil mouse coords bugs. -sigh-. I hoped that someone _with_ gtk knowlegde would fix them eventually. But it seems, that sooner or later I must try.

Mattias