[lazarus] IDE bug...

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Aug 21 03:11:35 EDT 2002

On 20 Aug 2002 22:47:24 +1000
David Creelman <dave at geko.net.au> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been playing with the latest versions of Lazarus and have run into
> one or two IDE issues.
>
> Using most recent source, gtk, X 4.2 on Mandrake.
>
> About every forth or fifth mouse click is missed. This can be seen by
> dropping a calender on a form, running and clicking on the year scroller
> many times. Not all of the clicks get through. Don't know why this is
> happening.

I spotted two reasons:
1. The gtk-interface sometimes does not get a mouse release event, although the mouse press event was there. Perhaps a capturing problem.
2. The gtk-interface sometimes gets a double click instead of a single click. Perhaps a sharing gdkwindow problem.

So, there are at least two bugs. I have to gather more information, so I don't know when this will be fixed.

> There are some rectangular artifacts left when moving TWinControl
> descendent controls around on the screen.

That's new. What type of artifacts and what controls?

> Sometimes after dropping several controls on the screen, running,
> editing, running and editing, the selection gets fixed on a particular
> control and can't be moved off it.

That's probably the designer capturing bug. I will try to fix it this week.

Mattias