[lazarus] native Win32 Interface

Keith Bowes keith_bowes at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 27 13:04:29 EDT 2002

>From: marius popa <mapopa at reea.net>
>
>only a hint (maybe is a stupid):
>if already you want a crossplatform api why don't you choose the .net
>you could start a port of the ide on that ?

Go for it.

>the (King)win32 api is dead . No one goes that way anymore.
>In the apache logs i see something like ie60 .net clr .
>The next delphi is called .Net not win32(or 64 hehe remember hammer...)
>It's runing on linux too (sort of) the .net

I seriously doubt that the Window API is dead.  Everything .NET will
probably use the Windows API (maybe a 64-bit version, but the same basic
thing that has existed since the first version of Windows).  The .NET CLR is
simply a runtime lib for p-code programs.  You want Lazarus to be more like
Visual Basic?  I downloaded a program that used the CLR once and all I can
say is that it makes Java seem fast.