[lazarus] native Win32 Interface

Luciano Coutinho Barcellos majnun at ig.com.br
Tue Aug 27 17:52:15 EDT 2002

Hello.

    It seems to me I'm not getting all of messages directed to the group. My
own message didn't arrived here. I've tried to check the miraclec archive,
but all I've had was a 404 error.

> You are confusing Objects with Classes. LCL uses classes, not objects.

    You're right. I didn't pay attention. Sorry. It's good to have objects
streaming encapsulated too.

> The FPC classes streaming system is implemented to be compatible with
> Delphi's. It has been implemented in such a way to make it extendible
> (e.g. storing forms as XML would be nice)
> However, at the moment, there is no other implementation then the text
> streaming or binary streaming as implemented in Delphi.

    Is it implemented in such a way that a file written by an application
compiled by Delphi would be readable by an application compiled by FPC?

> Note that FPC does not yet support resources on all platforms, which makes
> it necessary for Lazarus to use some tricks to be able to store and
restore
> forms from "resources".

    I've been reading about that, mainly about string resources. But, what
about binary resources? What was the decision taken by the Lazarus team to
solve that? What are that tricks?
    I haven't found the file classchart.ps. Is it on fpc cvs tree?
    When am I stopping asking such a lot of questions?

    Luciano.