[lazarus] InterfaceBase public procedures

Vincent Snijders vslist at zonnet.nl
Tue Dec 3 14:12:28 EST 2002

As you probably know UpdateHint is used in:
TWinControl.CMShowHintChanged
TWinControl.SetHint

Want do you want to do with those functions if we remove UpdateHint?  Remove
them as well?

> Plz send me a patch.

What should the patch include? Remove TInterfaceBase.GetText and sending
LM_GETTEXT from the LCL instead?

> > Or is the long
> > term target to have all messages converted to procedures and
> functions of
> > the interface object.
>
> Yes. That's important for smart linking and IMO it also improves
> readability.
>

> Mattias

Do you mind if I made the constructor of InterfaceBase virtual and the
TGTKObject and TWin32Object constructors override? Then I can experiment a
little with widget set selection on the command line.

Vincent.