AW: [lazarus] Win32

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Dec 12 08:54:51 EST 2002

Grey Coyote wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> ftp://ftp.us.freepascal.org/pub/lazarus/
>
> The web site link to the downloads does not show any
> content for me either. I simply went in ftp.

Granted you will find one that way but it is very old. The reason a
Win32 binary isn't indicated is because it is very unstable and very,
very, very alpha. The Win32 version found on the ftp will work but is
there more for demonstration then for really attempting to do any work.

It is better to get a 1.0.7 release of the compiler and then get the
Lazarus source out of CVS and build the Win32 version yourself. You can
try the GTK version and the Win32 API version. While you can get much
more functionality with the GTK version it is not nearly as stable as
the Linux GTK version due to the Win32 GTK library.

Phone: 570-388-2211  Fax: 570-388-6101