[lazarus] lazarus debuging???

matooo at email.si matooo at email.si
Mon Dec 23 11:49:12 EST 2002

Quoting Michael.VanCanneyt at wisa.be:

> I think I see what you're aiming at. I've been playing along similar
> lines.
> (Think TEventSource instead of TBaseDataSource, to catch and react to
> general events.)
> Send me some code and I'll have a look at it. If we can maintain source
> compatibility, no problem; I'm open to suggestions.
>
> Michael.

That's exactly what I'm aiming at:-). It would provide to use the same dialog
for different purposes.
example:
Some edit dialog is connected to DBDataSource(master), ClipboardSource(slave)
and XMLSource(slave). (p.s. in this case after putting these three sources app
would get larger for xml, db and clip, but then again, if you wouldn't
DBDataSource, db wouldn't be compiled in)
First is used for general purpose editing, second one to put entire dialog
contents into clipboard and thrird let's say saves or loads a template for data.
So instead of bunch of code there's only automatism provided with datasources
and base (dummy if datasources aare not used) data-aware components.

I'll just rewrite my datasource so it will not compromise compatibility (now it
does that seriously) and send demo. In a month (in worst case) there should be
almost finished result

Benefit (as I think you get it now):
You don't need to inherit all visual components, all you do is write inherited
DataSource (and that's the only one that needs rewrite) for (some new type) Data
handling and job is done.

m.