[lazarus] lazarus/kylix

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Feb 6 04:49:02 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:18:38 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
> Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:
>
> > Kylix IS built on Wine. It is just the Delphi IDE (with some windows-specific
> > things removed) running under Wine. This is true for Kylix 1 and Kylix
> > 2.
>
> I doubt that. There are for example some bugs in the auto-class-completion, that were not in Delphi 5.

1. That is no argument; In the porting process, some things may have gone wrong.
   You did not seriously think that they would rewrite the IDE from scratch ?

2. If they had rewritten it from scratch, then it would have been
   extremely stupid to have used wine !

But this is all debatable, the reason for my initial statement was that:

3. When I was at Borland when they started, this was what they said they were
   doing.

so...

Anyway, it is a non-issue. Lazarus does not use any intermediate layer such as wine,
and this is what matters.

Michael.