[lazarus] Some Bugs found

Michal Bukovjan michal.bukovjan at openone.cz
Mon Feb 18 05:03:14 EST 2002

Hmm, just a side note, if we want to implement full functionality on par
with Win32, we will:

a) either have to use Gnome
b) rewrite portions of Gnome in GTK interface in Pascal

Just off top my head, I am referring to toolbars (the GTK one is pretty
plain), stock icons handling, common dialogs, bonobo, etc. and I am sure
we will run into a lot of other things as well.
It's not that I require Gnome, I understand that we would run into some
difficulties under Win32 - but for that, there is a Win32 backend.

And for those who run KDE and do not really really want to install
Gnome, there is the Qt backend which would be extended to KDE as well.

Restricting ourselves to GTK/Win32 would leave us behind Win32, as Win32
is a monolithic widget set, environement, etc. in one.

Just my 0.02c

Michal