[lazarus] Some Bugs found

Shane Miller smiller1 at stvgb.org
Mon Feb 18 09:09:17 EST 2002

Just to make it clear, we will NEVER require Gnome.  We don't plan on requiring any specific widget set once we get some of our current bugs worked out.  GTK is simply where we started.  Eventually we'll have QT and win32 also.

Shane

>>> michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be 02/18/02 02:42AM >>>

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> > >So much todo and so less helping hands ...
> > >
> > I am working on Shortcuts right now, and once I have some conversion
> > tables (Windoze <-> GDK) in place, I will commit a first cut (GTK
> > interface) sometime this week.
> > On a related note, icons may be difficult to implement (though not
> > impossible) without GNOME support.
> > Do we plan to require Gnome in the future or do we just stay with GTK?
>
> If you require Gnome, I'll unsubscribe now :-)
>
> Don't mind installing GTK on my windowmaker, but Gnome is out of the
> question :-)

I also think that requiring GNOME would be a bad idea.
It makes you dependent on yet another library, which might not be
installed on the user's system. I, for example, do not have GNOME
installed, as I use KDE or fvwm2.

Michael.