[lazarus] gdb/step

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Fri Feb 22 19:59:48 EST 2002

At 00:46 23/02/2002 +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:45:45 +0100
>Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:
>
> > >  source language pascal.
> >                    ^^^^^^
> >
> > Huh, what version are you running ? Mine doesn't understand pascal.
>
>AFAIK gdb can understand pascal since 5.1. See fpc-pascal list. Mine is:
>GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.1-1)
>gdb-5.1-1

AH, I installed that version yesterday eve. I was only interested in the MI
interface, so I didn't look closer. I was also surprised, since the docs
(with 5.2 examples) didn't mention anything about supporting pascal.

> > No problem at this point. The program is stopped. The file does excist ?
>
>of course.
>It is a single file program, without any special settings. I can send you
>the source.

Ah, those kind of files work (that are the ones I use for testing)

Since I attach to a proces (to avoid screen output to clutter the debug
output) dynamic libs aren't loaded, resulting in a segfault most of the
time (I haven't been succcesful to load the dynamic libs in gdb)
And since most Lazarus apps will have some GTK (and thus dynamic libs) in
them, it won't be a workable solution.

I'm planning to base the debugger on the MI interface which seems do-able
to me. In that case, I don't have to load  the libs manually and it should
work more reliable. More updates on it soon.

Marc